Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

The Next Thing.

 Waiting....

How many seasons of life do we wait for or in? 
Waiting in those hard seasons makes it feel extra long, like you are taking forever to get to your "destination" 
We wait for, jobs, promotions, children, more children, adoption, marriage, school, dating, to lose weight, to get married, houses... the list goes on and on. So many things we feel like we should have right now, or get and then we wait. "The Hurry up and wait scenario..."

I have always been an impatient person, I want what I want and I want it now. Hahah wow that sounds so selfish. But its the truth. 

I remember being 16 and could not wait to graduate, because it was the "next big thing" in my life. Then after graduation I was soooo ready to meet an amazing man and get married...again it was the next stage of life. Then it was to buy a house, and then it was to start a family, and now it is wanting to get this baby girl out of very big belly. Next is to buy another house. 
Why cant I be content where I am? Why is it so important to me to have the next thing now? 

My goal, or whatever you would like to call it, is to live in the moment, the season. To absorb what today is, not what tomorrow can be. To love the mundane the everyday, because its the foundation to the tomorrows. I want to be present in this day (even if its boring- lets face it some days are super long and boring) 
The next chapter in my life will be great, but I do not want to miss this one, because even in this very crazy and challenging season I am in, soon to have 2 under 2 in a one bedroom house, figuring out what our next step is and that everyday feels like a battle field of cheerios on the floor, the toys that just jump out of toy boxes that you just picked up , the crying, the instruction I give my almost 2 year old every day and she run the other way...the rice that sticks to every surface of the house, no matter how many times I sweep, the same movie " the late nights , the early mornings, the reheated coffee cup I find in the microwave from yesterday... TRENCHES people. 
But to find the beauty in it, because I know in my heart that it will go fast and I WILL MISS IT. No matter what season we are in, no matter how hard, how long we have been in it, or how much longer we will be there, the goal is to start new everyday and find the peace and joy. 



The Little moments. First Bowling Experience 




Happy Friday Friends!!!
Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com